Day after day the phone rings or an email comes into the office stating: “I Need Money Now!”
Most times when people are contacting us with this request they really do not need any money at all, they simply need some relief from being buried in payday loan debt.
Payday loan collectors are ruthless in their efforts to collect money from people who are in default of their loans and they have been known to use tactics that can scare the average person out of their skin.
We here at Help With payday Loan Debt thought we would share a bit of what it is like to deal with these companies and maybe give some borrowers who are in trouble with this kind of debt an idea of what these collectors can and can not do in terms of collection practices.
Let Us Deal With These Companies For You!
Click Here To Find Out How We Can Help!
What They Can Do
What payday loan companies can do is what every collection agency is allowed to do.
- Call you and request information
- Call your references and request information on how to contact you IF they can not contact you directly
- Set up a repayment plan for you or offer you another loan to satisfy the first loan ( very dangerous choice)
- Debit your bank account if the loan is set up with this feature, repeatedly in some cases.
- Send you letters requesting information
- Send your references letters for information on how to contact you IF they can not contact you directly
- Start legal collection proceedings. (Most cases this only consists of them being granted a judgement against you)
- Report your debt to a collection agency
These are all standard collection practices that pretty much every loan collector and debt collector uses in attempting to collect a debt.
What They Can Not Do
What payday loan collectors can not do is anything not included in the above list including:
- Call you repeatedly at home
- Threaten you in any way including having you arrested
- Call your references telling them you are in default
- Call you at work, PERIOD
- Call your boss, PERIOD
- Call your financial institution PERIOD
- Threaten you to get you to file bankruptcy or pawn your belongings
- Give out any information to anybody relating to your loans
The stories we have been told from people asking us for help would make the average person’s skin crawl, from having a borrower arrested for their debt to sending over a collection goon to get money from them and on and on.
These kinds of practices are illegal and you do have the right to report this kind of activity to the police and the Better Business Bureau.
Never give these companies any control over you and do not let them harass you into doing something that they do not have the right to ask you to do.
If you are in trouble with payday loan debt in any way give us a call at 1.877.280.5100 or fill out our free no obligation form and let us deal with them for you.
We will save you a pile of money, but more importantly, we can give you instant piece of mind!Return to the top of this page